Vista Banter

-   -   Future of Supported Devices (http://www.vistabanter.com/67320-future-supported-devices.html)

barbara August 19th 07 10:50 PM

Future of Supported Devices

I have two printers and a scanner not on the list of supported devices for
Vista. I have heard that Microsoft is adding supported devices as time
passes. Is that true? Is there a way to find out when device support is
added other than checking the list periodically? Thanks
--
Barbara

Cal Bear '66 August 19th 07 10:59 PM

Future of Supported Devices

Best to check with the manufacturer of the devices.

Microsoft does NOT write device drivers. Any Microsoft distributes, they get
from the manufacturer of the device.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Rick Rogers August 20th 07 12:20 AM

Future of Supported Devices

Hi Barbara,

Devices are added when the manufacturer releases drivers that support them
under Vista. You can check the HCL or the manufacturer's site for when or if
they become available (I would check the latter first, it may be some time
before it gets added to the list).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

barbara August 20th 07 12:24 AM

Future of Supported Devices

I found one on a list of available drivers that came with Vista, but yet the
device is not listed as supported. What's the deal there?
--
Barbara