ATI 9600 Resolution problem

Old September 18th 06, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mailman

Default ATI 9600 Resolution problem

Hey all,
I posted this earlier, but I lost it in the shuffle...
I'm having a resolution problem since making the step to RC1. I can only
display 1024x780 as opposed to the 1280x1024 I was getting prior to the
upgrade. I use a pretty generic 17-inch monitor that had no issues displaying
the 1280 res before.
I tried using ATI's Vista RC1 divers they released, but that didn't help,
and after some advice from people I am now using Vista's ATI driver, but can
still only max out at 1024 res.
Any suggestions?
Old September 20th 06, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Palumbo

"Mailman" wrote in message
Hey all,
I posted this earlier, but I lost it in the shuffle...
I'm having a resolution problem since making the step to RC1. I can only
display 1024x780 as opposed to the 1280x1024 I was getting prior to the
upgrade. I use a pretty generic 17-inch monitor that had no issues
displaying
the 1280 res before.
I tried using ATI's Vista RC1 divers they released, but that didn't help,
and after some advice from people I am now using Vista's ATI driver, but
can
still only max out at 1024 res.
Any suggestions?

Is your monitor showing up as a generic display in device manager? If it
is, find an .inf file for it so Vista knows what your monitor actually
supports instead of having to guess at it.

Mic

Old September 29th 06, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
J M Schlatter

I posted this earlier, but I lost it in the shuffle...
I'm having a resolution problem since making the step to RC1. I can only
display 1024x780 as opposed to the 1280x1024 I was getting prior to the
upgrade. I use a pretty generic 17-inch monitor that had no issues displaying
the 1280 res before.

Same here with my ATI Radeon 7000. Vista uses a standard VGA driver
with max. 1024x768 pixels.
I installed the monitors .inf file, but that did not help.

I did not find any MS XGA driver.

JMS