64-Bit Vista Sound Cards

Old September 19th 06, 12:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mohawk

Default 64-Bit Vista Sound Cards

I have the Soundblaster Live 24, and went to the MFG site, got the "Beta" 64
bit drivers and find that Vista refuses to install the software. So no sound,
and no checking any multi media other than some video... less than 80% so
far..

--
I love beta, 80% better than 0%

"John Boy" wrote:

Dave Ramlakhan wrote:
Thanks John Boy

I've been there and tried that one. It didn't work for me.

What I am looking for is a list of soundcards that do work with Vista Beta2
64-bit, so I can try an alternative

Based on my experience and from what others have
posted, there is nothing sure about any of the
drivers. The drivers for sound, video,
scanners, printers, etc. seem to install and
work fine for some people but not for others.
It apparently is affected by the many variables
that make up your system.

I have seen it said that Epson scanner software
would not install and work, but I had no
problem. However, I cannot get either the
nVideo drivers to install correctly, nor the
RealTek sound drivers while others say they work
fine for them.

Since this is Beta software, I accept the
problems and move on while I await the next
version to see how it works. Life's too short
to really get excited about Beta software and
what does or doesn't work!

It was exactly the same scenario with Win 2003 &
XP x64. If you're going to play with
Beta/Pre-Release software, then patience is the
best road to follow. If it doesn't work today,
it might work tomorrow - or the other way
around, too!