Old July 13th 08, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cholupa2

Default mystery IDE storage controller and driver

Howdy all,
I searched all over the net and can't seem to find any info on my
problem. I got a blue screen about a week ago caused by something with
my Graphics card(during the blu screen I was able to read something
about graphic memory dump I believe) This makes sense, as I had just
clicked to exit NWN2(the game that came bundled with the card).
Anyway, ever siscne that, it has booted slowly (spends about a full
minute on the post screen, and some time with the scrolling line). That
is unless I unplug the computer for a few minutes, then it boots as it
did before.
So after alot of digging and reinstalling of all available drivers
from Gigabyte and Nvida and nothing has helped from that, so I decided
to do the "upgrade" trick. So I uninstalled SP1, and ran the upgrade.
It told me that
These issues do not prevent your upgrade, but some applications and/or
devices might not work once your upgrade completes.

- Storage controllers: A441Y0U9 IDE Controller

I thought this to be a bit strange, but figured that the upgrade would
smooth things out. Later, when the upgrade was nearing completion, I
got an error saying that one or more devices could not be configured. I
tried this twice. So, I tried to do some research into my IDE storage
contoller. The IDE storage controller driver shows no signature or
provider name in Everest or Device Manager. I tried automatically
updating the driver and Windows said that it could not locate a driver
for my product. I searched the internet for some reference to this type
of problem, or for some reference to a driver available for download
with absolutely no luck.
So, should my IDE storage contoller have a digitally signed
driver? and if so, from whom? Any other ideas?

Vista Ultimate 64
Q6600 @ 3.2
Gigabyte ga-p35-DSR3 Rev.2
Gigabyte 8800GT 512 MB nforce edition
4x1GB PQI RAM
400 GB Seagate

This is what Everest shows:
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage
Controller 1 - 2921
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage
Controller 2 - 2926
Storage Controller AGW8464I IDE Controller
Storage Controller GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller
Storage Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

that storage controler name just seems like random letters to me(notice
the change in name since the last boot) thanks agian,
Cholupa

--
cholupa2