Canoscan FB620p installs but won't run

Old September 19th 06, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gorgol

Default Canoscan FB620p installs but won't run

I have a Canoscan FB620P that runs fine under XP. I downloaded and installed
the drivers and software, set the compatability mode to XP SP2, but when I
try to run I get "Profile not found. Error code 0x24050010"

What is going on? Tried the compatability in admin mode, same error.

Old January 3rd 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
larsmarius

ive got the same problem... somone that got a solution?

--
larsmarius
larsmarius's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=1192

Old January 3rd 07, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Solution: Contact Canon about updated drivers for Vista.

Without the appropriate drivers from Canon, your chances of
getting it to work are slim and none!

Old January 4th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Coorne

Theo schrieb:
Solution: Contact Canon about updated drivers for Vista.

There is none.

Without the appropriate drivers from Canon, your chances of getting it
to work are slim and none!

There is hope, of course, that Canon will offer drivers after Jan. 30,
2007...

Roy

Old February 6th 07, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John C

Default error message profile not found 0x24050010

Hello all

Yep same problem here , device is a canon fb630p
flt bed scanner.
I dont want to buy a new scanner yet !

John

chees from Australia

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old February 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gorgol

Here is the reply I got from Canon:

Startear Mr. G:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. I am sorry to
hear that your CanoScan FB 620P will not install in Windows Vista.

At this time, Windows Vista drivers are not available for your product.
We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Future updates
on the availability of Vista drivers will be posted to the FAQs and
Knowledge Base sections of the product support pages on the Canon USA
website at http://www.canontechsupport.com. You may also want to
consider the Canon Loyalty Program, which provides you the opportunity
to upgrade to a new Windows Vista compatible scanner via next-day
delivery.

If you would like to take part in this option, please reply back to us
within the next 14 days and provide your want to enter the program.

Once we receive this information you will be registered for the Canon
Loyalty Program and provided with a Discount Code. The Discount Code
will be emailed to you separately along with further instructions on how to
use the Canon Loyalty program.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions or
concerns with your CanoScan FB 620P.

Thank you for contacting Canon.

Sincerely,

Devin
Technical Support Representative

Old June 27th 09, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JaLooNz

=?Utf-8?B?Z29yZ29s?=;74318 Wrote:
I have a Canoscan FB620P that runs fine under XP. I downloaded and
installed
the drivers and software, set the compatability mode to XP SP2, but
when I
try to run I get "Profile not found. Error code 0x24050010"

What is going on? Tried the compatability in admin mode, same error.

The driver ScanCraft366.exe does work in Vista Home Premium 32bit.
However, the standard installation by just doubling-clicking will cause
a "Profile not found" when attempting to scan after installation.

To resolve this, you should try running the setup file in Compatibility
mode (I used Win 2000) and run it as an administrator.

--
JaLooNz