Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

First Post

Old August 22nd 07, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Ken[_2_]

Default First Post

Hi all,

I am 43 and live in Wisconsin USA I have been hooked on PC shooters since
Wolfenstein in the old 3.1 / 386 days. So far I have not ran into any major
problems while running Vista with the games I play. I have been patiently
waiting for Bioshock to arrive from Amazon. In the mean time I have been
scaring the hell out of myself playing FEAR. I just started playing, so I
don't know the full story line. That little girl is freaking me out. I just
finished another level and took a break to post here.

My systems :

Dell XPS410
Vista Home Basic (awaiting upgrade anytime disc for purchased Premium)
Intel Dual Core 2 6320
3 GB Ram (667 mhz)
160 GB HD (7200 rpm)
XFX 7950 GT Extreme PCIe
19" LCD 1280 x 1024 (DVI connection)
onboard sound with 5.1 stereo speakers
Microsoft/Razer Reclusa keyboard
Games loaded : Doom 3, Doom 3 Ressurection of Evil, Quake 4, Unreal II,
Resident Evil 4, FEAR, FEAR Extraction Point ( FEAR XP will have to wait
until I finish FEAR, and most likely after Bioshock)

Dell 1501 Laptop
Vista Home Basic
Athlon 64 X2 TK-53
2 GB Ram (533 mhz)
120 GB HD (5400 RPM)
15.4 Widescreen 1280 x 800 I think?
ATI Radeon 1150 (integrated)
Games loaded: Quake II, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Serious Sam 1, FEAR, FEAR
XP

I didn't buy the laptop with gaming in mind. I just wanted a new inexpensive
laptop. I was pleasantly surprised that it was able to play FEAR with great
fps in limited graphics mode. But to not spoil the game experience, I only
replay levels that were previously played on a higher resolution and full
effects on the desktop.......

Ken