Old July 16th 08, 03:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
[email protected]

Default MMC could not create the snap-in

On Jul 1, 5:37*pm, Rozsomak wrote:
I have the very same problem here. MMC and Task Scheduler. I run a vista
Ultimate SP1 x64.

--
Rozsomak

I have the exact same problem and under SP1 32bit. Either appeared
after PC Wizard 2008 or Firefox3, which stopped working for no
apparent reason. PC WIzard had its own version or subset of the Evenrt
Viewer and it was reporting some rather oddly dated events (more than
18 months old, longer than I owned machine) and I have installed Vista
Business clean twice. I also do not wish to reinstall to return this
functionality, but I am stumped

I have tried all the things you describe, but no luck. (Even more, I
dare say) I spend more of my life getting applications or OS's working
and stable, than actually uisng the system.