Radeon display driver

Old September 20th 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shon

Default Radeon display driver

I have installed this driver with vista rc1 and my resolution of 1600x1200 ha
returned
using a hp zx5000 use the first driver. you need to uninstall all ati
programs before installing. after installing these drivers uninstall your
card from device manager
recheck for new hardware and then add drivers manually. take note of where
these omega drivers installed as you have to point to omega drivers not ati
folder
it now recognizes my radeon mobility 9200. aero doesnt work but everything
else
works great

Shon

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...&dwn_cat_id=14

"Jo" wrote:

I don't know if this will work for you, as my computer is a Toshiba with the
Mobile ATI Radeon 9000 chip (related to the 9200, I think). But I went into
device manager and asked to update the standard driver that was installed.
Then I clicked on "browse my computer", and selected the bottom option of
browsing my computer for drivers. At this point I unchecked "show compatible
hardware", because it only showed the standard VGA. I then selected ATI from
the list and found two possible drivers for the mobile 9000. I just checked
and there are also two choices for the Mobile 9200. Choose one of them (they
both worked the same on my Toshiba) and install them and reboot. Once
rebooted go into the display settings (from personalize) and change to the
optimal resolultion of your monitor. Once I did this, the display was great
with good graphics and crisp fonts. No problems, though no advanced glass
features, as the chip isn't advanced enough.

Good luck.
"Pat Ferrel" wrote:

I have a Compaq x1000 laptop with an ATI Radeon 9200. Don't laugh I love
this laptop. Anyway I installed Vista and the display driver chosen was
incorrect. I got the Vista version of ATI Catalyst and installed it. The
Control Center comes up blank but I was able to get the 1400x1050 res driver
working. This runs the left portion of my screen leaving the right 1/5th ot
so blank. The driver of record in the control panel is "ATI MOBILTIY Radeon
9000 (Microsoft)"

At this point I am not sure whether the Vista version of the ATI driver
installed correctly or if there is any other solution to my display woes.
For instance can I install the old XP ATI drivers with some degradation in
features? I tried this but got an error message during installation.