Old December 28th 06, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
mikeyhsd

Default System Volume Information out of control!

its easy to limit the amount of disk space used for restore.
on the System Properties pages you can change the % allocated.

"Robert Blacher" wrote in message ...
The syntax of the vssadmin command is not a lot of fun, but it does allow
you to control the amount of space allocated to system restore and shadow
copies.

See:

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/decreas...em_restore.htm

"Mike" wrote in message
Nevermind, it turns out that it was the System Restore, I didn't realize
that it could use up to 15% of your HDD space, 15% of 600GB is a lot of
space and you do notice... Question is, should I turn it off?

"Mike" wrote in message
I have a really stupid question: What is the System Volume Information
folder used for? And why does it contain 60GB of data there?

Running Vista x64bit Build 6000 (RTM)
RAID5 (x3 320GB)

Thanks,
Mike