GPU help

Old September 21st 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rp

Default GPU help

Hello spoons,

you're on a fsc amilo m3438g, aren't you? Although the nvidia card is
completely fit for vista (3d and aero included) it will not have those
gimicks.

I've got the same laptop and tried it with vista beta2. Allways got error
code 43! With xp driver ver. 72.30 i had the nativ resolution of the display
but no graphical gimicks at all... The same situation is given after
installation of vista rc1. The driver that came with vista stops with code
43. And no xp driver is provided via win update...

What i think is that there fujitsu siemens must do some work concerning the
video bios. Ok maybe concerning the driver too. But the driver by nvidia
should allready have full functionality.

So we only can wait til vista release and fsc coming down from its socket...
don't panic.

Old October 1st 06, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SCUBAMAN

Amilo Owners!

It's Fujitsu Siemens! I was trying to install WMC but gave up (it just
wpouldn't install either over the top of FS XP or from scratch) and then
tried RC1 - I get the same Code 43 error and limited basic VGA graphics.

I'm also having problems with the VIA RAID tool (press tab on the initial
boot screen to enter the RAID bios setup) - I added a second 80GB disk to the
3438G which after much grief works fine (RAID 0) - unfortunately the Windows
reporting tool fails on start up and seems to have affected the registry as I
get the same problem after uninstalling the Windows tool!

Nothing of any use appears to be on the FS web site
(www.fujitsu-siemens.com) re VIA or Vista so no obvious sources of help. I'm
reasonably sure FS "tweak" their systems as I can't seem to upgrade the VIA
system or the graphics system.

Come on FS get your finger out!!

Old October 9th 06, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SCUBAMAN

Amilo Owners 2,

Vista RC2 seems to solve a lot of problems I was having with my 3438G
(http://download.windowsvista.com/pre.../download.htm). I now have
Aero Graphics (Vista's latest Nvidia driver installs with Directx 9 and
without error code 43!), VIA RAID and REALTEK sound are all working. The
only problem is the Synaptic Mouse pad which claims incompatibility but just
click "run programme" and it seems to work ok (I'm running V5.9).

My Windows Experience Index comes in at 4 (scoring range 1-5.9:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=37).

Mostly it's looking good!

If you download the RC2 iso file use BurnCDCC (freewa
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html) to create your DVD (I
upgraded from RC1 and there's no iso burn option in Vista it seems).

Now to do some exploring...