Firewire (IEEE 1394) not working

Old August 23rd 07, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugo

Default Firewire (IEEE 1394) not working

I canīt connect my video camera Sony DV with the firewire connection.
I tried the two connections (frontal and back).I am using the 9 pin
connector
Before installing Vista It worked perfectly.
I can connect to my laptop (with a 6 pin cable) and to another older
computer with windows XP with the same 9 pin cable without problems.
As anybody a solution ?

Old August 24th 07, 04:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Does the IEEE 1394 port show up in Device Manager under it's Bus host
controller entry? If this port is on the motherboard, did you remember to
install the motherboard utility drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's
website?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old August 24th 07, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugo

Yes. under the Bus host controler appears "Texas Instrument OHCI compliant
IEEE 1394 host controller". The same as in another computer where I have no
problems.
When I connect the Sony DV camcorder on my laptop (Windows XP) I hear a
sound and in Windows explorer appears as a drive the camera. At the same
time in the Device Manager under Imaging Devicer also appears the DV
camcorder.
Nothing of this happens with my desktop con Vista. The drivers for the IEEE
port are from Microsoft version 6.0....

noticias ...

Old March 1st 08, 08:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vibhub

I have Sony DCR-TRV18E Digital Video Camera. When I try to import the
video using a 4-pin IEEE1394 cable on Windows Vista using Microsoft
Movie Maker, I get the message that my camera is not connected to the
laptop.

Is there any driver that needs to be installed or could there be a
problem in the cable itself?

Vibhu

--
vibhub
Old March 2nd 08, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

A 4pin to 4pin 1394 cable isn't powered like a 6pin one. If you're using a
notebook and only have access to 4pin (either end) then ensure you have the
camcorder using A/C power, which should be enough to keep the connection
going. If you are on a desktop, use the 6pin (PC end) to 4pin (camcorder
end) and you should get a good connection.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old March 3rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Giant Rumblebuffin

The first time this 'unsovable question has had an intelligent answer!

I can add a reasonable one too. If you are somewhere without power....like
in the bush....use a 4 pin firewire to USB cable

Old March 28th 08, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
joshwenning

I am having a similar issue as well. My Canon ZR800 was recognized and
working perfectly last week with the DV (4 -pin) out of the camera into the
4-pin IEEE 1394 port on my Dell Vostro. However, now when I hook it up again
the computer recognizes it (pings), it shows up in the registry, but there is
a yellow triangle with an exclamation point and the machine is asking for a
driver. Canon says the driver is pre-installed in Vista, Dell says it is a
Vista issue, Microsoft said to come here. I have tried downloading the
recommended hotfix without any luck. Cameras are plugged in and cords are
new. Again, it worked last week, now it doesn't...
Old April 14th 08, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

On Mar 28, 11:05 pm, joshwenning
wrote:
I am having a similar issue as well. My Canon ZR800 was recognized and
working perfectly last week with the DV (4 -pin) out of the camera into the
4-pin IEEE 1394 port on my Dell Vostro. However, now when I hook it up again
the computer recognizes it (pings), it shows up in the registry, but there is
a yellow triangle with an exclamation point and the machine is asking for a
driver. Canon says the driver is pre-installed in Vista, Dell says it is a
Vista issue, Microsoft said to come here. I have tried downloading the
recommended hotfix without any luck. Cameras are plugged in and cords are
new. Again, it worked last week, now it doesn't...

Same here. Working last week and now not. I have a feeling it has to
do with a security patch that vista installed in an update. I also
suddenly don't see my power and sound displays on the lower right
corner. Thanks Vista you've done it again. Adobe please port to
Linux so I can dumb Windows forever, what a dream.
Old May 28th 08, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
3banana

Having scoured the internet for info I finally came across a tip
incorporated below to fix my Sony camcorder to Vista 1394 firewire
problem

Shuttle XPC SB75G2
P4 3.07
1Gb Mem
ATI 256Mb 1950XT
dual 360Gb SATA drives
Vista Ultimate

Sony DCR-PC330e camcorder

Befo
Vista says 1394 driver Ok
plug in camera- no response from Vista when camera is connected

procedure; (that worked for me)

In device manager
Uninstall 1394 device
turn camera on
plug in to 1394 port

in device manager;
Action/scan for hardware changes
system sees 1394 port, installs driver automatically

system then detected Sony DV-VCR automatically
manualy install driver by right clicking it in Device manager and
selecting 'update driver software'
do not let it do it automatically, select 'browse my computer for
driver software'
point it at c:\windows

it detects it as a 61883 class bus device and installs driver
camcorder appears in device manager as imaging device
after completion it brought up the autoplay window to ask how I wanted
to import the video

jobsagoodunarty:

hope this helps

--
3banana
Old July 13th 08, 11:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pablo dee

NOPE doesn't work on my system... it's a Vista problem... I'm running
Ultimate and a panasonic cam that works fine on my XP machine won't even
be recognised on my Vista pc .... a friend who has a sony cam and a
different pc has the same issue so it's NOT a hardware issue it's the
OS... i notice that some manufacturers (ie Epson) are now telling
customers that Vista WILL NOT WORK with firewire ... i checked some of
the support areas on here and it looks like MS is intentionally reducing
the support for firewire ... I think they should highlight this when you
purchase Vista as it is sold as being designed for multimedia and
firewire is very popular ... i should have got a XP machine boo hoo
... next time I purchase a pc i don't think it will be one using an MS
OS !

--
pablo dee
pablo dee's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52985