Vista Banter

-   -   To all with HP/Compaq Audio Problems (http://www.vistabanter.com/6842-re-all-hp-compaq-audio-problems.html)

Alexis11 September 23rd 06 04:06 AM

To all with HP/Compaq Audio Problems

Thanks everyone who contributes to these posts!! you're all great people!!...
i have an HP pavilion dv1000t with the same problem(Conexant audio driver
error) but thanks to your posts about installing it manually i could solve...
or i'd rather say you solve it for me... thanks again and if it's not some
kind of abuse of your knowledge... do you know anything about why i can't
use my integrated webcam 1000... it says its installed correctly, yet it
isn't shown at the scaners and cameras section :(... or does it have
something to do with the fact that in the device manager i have some issues
with some Base system devices PCI bus 5, device 9, function 2,3 and 4???
--
Alexis¬¬

"Thracky" wrote:

Hello all,

Here's what I've figured out thus far.

There is currently NO possible way in my knowledge to get any drivers
working with x64 Vista with the Conexant audio chips, which is what everyone
who is having issues has on their respective notebooks. However, there's a
lot more hope if you can cope with only running the x86 Vista ;-)

Basically as far as I can tell the standard xp drivers should work just fine
as I am using them right now on a Compaq V2575 which uses the Conexant
AC-Link Audio. Download the respective driver from the HP website for your
model, generally the file you download will be a self-extracting archive that
will pop itself somewhere (Usually C:\swsetup\some subdir) and then it will
automatically run the program to install the drivers itself, cancel that
program, find the program (or any and all exe's for that driver package in
the swsetup directory) and make sure that you set windows xp with service
pack 2 compatibility for them.

I'm sure manually installing the drivers would also work, so really either
way there should be no issue with sound as long as you're willing to stick
with x86 for now.