'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem

Old August 25th 07, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dame Celia Molestrangler

Default 'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem

PC recently purchased with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. DVD/CD ROM drive
has stopped autoplaying, and windows explorer won't work on it (it will still
work on the hard drive though). A photoviewer, AD/CD will allow me to
see/explore the files on the disk, though. I have checked that the relevant
options are selected for Autoplay. I have tried uninstalling the CD ROM and
then rebooting, but although Vista goes through the reinstall process and
says it is OK, the problem remains. I have tried restoring defaults and then
rebooting - same problem. I have looked at the Registry entry but it looks
as though it is set to 1 (although I'm a complete novice). I'm completely at
my wits end with this one. Can anyone help?
Old August 25th 07, 05:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Try these :

The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected after you upgrade a computer to Windows Vista

You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after

you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

When you insert a CD or a DVD, Windows Vista may not recognize the disc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

Old August 26th 07, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dame Celia Molestrangler[_2_]

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. However, I am really scared of
tampering with the Registry. Also, I can't actually see the string quoted on
that solution within the Registry. The next solution - this states XP, but I
am running Vista. And I am not getting an error code at all. Would that
matter? The third solution doesn't seem to apply in my case.

Old August 26th 07, 06:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Those ALL apply to Vista... and your issue..... if you will not do the
fix then you need to find someone to do it for you,,,, this is not that
difficult,,, just do it one step at a time..