linksys wireless-g usb network adaptor

Old September 23rd 06, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shadowdragon1972

Default linksys wireless-g usb network adaptor

Im Having a even getting connected to DNS with my Linksys WRT54G V 5.0 it
really seems odd that a Cisco Company would not have drivers yet, I did a
live chat last night with one of thier techs and she didn't even seem to know
what vista even was. If anyone finds a work around or anything plese let me
know Thanks

"Andrew Loh" wrote:

i think they have to do the drivers at least for recent hardware, or
otherwise customers will lose confidence to buy their products, and affect
the company image.

instant for me, i am so shocked when i heard there is no vista driver for
linksys (a cisco company) latest networking product. this is shame for cisco
i think.

"Jordi Maycas" wrote:

many people have the same problem. The companies will not do the drivers for
vista with the actual hardware... you know, they want you buy new hardware,
and these will have drivers for Vista.

"Andrew Loh" Andrew escribió en el mensaje
i'be been using linksys wireless-g usb network adaptor WUSB54G ver. 4 as
my
primary internet connection. after installing vista beta 2, i found that
there is no driver for the device even asking from linksys. they said
will
release a driver any time soon, but there is no way to use vista beta 2
for
me now. i think beta 2 has very bad driver support.

i remembered when the xp was in beta, driver support for new hardware
isn't
a problem. sighs