Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Dungeon Keeper 1 on Vista???? Possible???

Old January 23rd 09, 08:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
salmanq

Default Dungeon Keeper 1 on Vista???? Possible???

It is very useful information to some extent. Please help me out
regarding this topic going on. Can some one tell me in detail to what
exact direction discussion is going on now?

'Property Directory ' (http://www.propertydir.com) | 'Wholesale
Billiards ' (http://www.wholesalebilliardcues.com) | 'Wholesale
Batteries ' (http://www.battery4sale.com) | 'Something Directory '
(http://www.somethingdirectory.com) |

--
salmanq

Old January 23rd 09, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Joe[_21_]

kairu10 wrote in
:

Dont let dungeon keeper die,
i also had this problem when i upgraded to vista, but i found a
soloution.
Dont know if you have tried this but, there is a program called dosbox
I used this it allowed me to play my all time fav on vista
it emulates DOS and allows you to play the games through the emulator

Heres the download link : 'DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS'
(http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1)

If you have any probs ask me and ill help you to the best of my
ability

Have you tried Overlord? I hear it's similar to DK, and it's Vista
compatible.

Also, I got the Windows version of DK to run in Vista, just installed to
an unprotected folder like C:\Games\DK1

--
Joe

Old March 9th 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Joe[_21_]

Have you tried Overlord? I hear it's similar to DK, and it's Vista
compatible.

Also, I got the Windows version of DK to run in Vista, just installed to
an unprotected folder like C:\Games\DK1

"EN4CER" wrote in news:Of3pEKenJHA.1184
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

'Evil Genius is very similar as well.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that one. Kindda corney, but same concept.

--
Joe
Old October 31st 09, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Hyzoran

I had the same exact problem, but the solution in my case was compleatly
stange and unexpected, I was running the game in windows 95
compatability mode and the game didnt work. But what i did to fix this
was not run it in compatability mode at all, and WTF..... it works!!!

--
Hyzoran

Old February 27th 10, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
dommyuk

I think I've fixed it, or atleast it has for me, you'll need the
Application Compatability Toolkit. You may have noticed that none of
the 'fixes' it already has works for it, so you'll need to make your
own. Click the Fix button and fill out the name and the destination of
the executable. You'll want Keeper95 or Deeper95 if you want Deeper
Dungeons and select next. Now you'll be at the compatability screen,
select none and then next. Now you'll be at the Compatability Fixes
section, scroll down to find 'ForceDirectDrawEmulation' and activate it.
Now use the Test Run button and the game should run, but the colors
might be all messed up. Exit the game and click next and finish on the
next screen. If the colours were all screwed up, find the Dungeon Keeper
or Deeper Dungeons executable and right click on it and select
properties. Go to the compatability tab and turn on 'Run in 256 colours'
and 'Run at 640x480 screen resolution'. Then go back into the
Application Compatability toolkit and select the fix you previously
created then click run and it should work. Only problem I have is the
map and 'after mission' score scrolls to fast, so you may need CPUkiller
or something similar. If it still doesn't work turn on XP SP2
compatability, which may fix it.

--
dommyuk