Old July 27th 08, 09:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mick Murphy

Default Dazzle DVC100 drivers

If you read Dazzle's System requirements, it says XP(SP2 or higher, meaning
SP3); nothing about vista being compatible!!!!!!!
Look at how much System RAM it wants: 512MB!
Not made for Vista 64
Contact the Makers.

Minimum System Requirements: Windows XP (SP2 or higher). Intel Pentium or
AMD Athlon 2.0 GHz or higher (2.4 GHz or higher recommended). 512 MB RAM (1
GB recommended). DirectX 9 or higher compatible graphics card with 64 MB (ATI
Radeon or NVIDIA GeForceā„¢ 3 or higher, with 128 MB recommended). DirectX 9 or
higher compatible sound card (Creative Audigy or M-Audio recommended). 1 GB
of disk space to install software and 3 GB to install bonus content. 1 USB
2.0 (Hi-Speed) port. DVD burner for creating DVDs
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"BoredCutter" wrote:

Hi Casp,

For what it's worth, I've been trying to do just that ALL afternoon!
(Still no success...) First the geniuses from Redmond tells me "There's
an update that fixes this exact problem!"

Apparently, there is 1 particular file that corrupts itself when you
try installing "some" harware's device drivers (case in point, the
Pinnacle Dazzle DVC100). I guess MS thought "Ahh, it can wait, we'll fix
this critical shortcoming later..."

Anyway it is THIS file "1infxxx" which self-destructs and prohibits
Vista 64 from completing a rather simple, almost mundane process.

After wading thru pages upon pages of redundant "validation"
toll-booths, I finally find the fix, which I try to install, only to
have MS then proceed to tell me it "Doesn't apply to (my) system". Leave
it to that sad brain-trust to decide the fix that describes this problem
PERFECTLY.... doesn't apply.

Vista 64-bit OS, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor, 8 Gb RAM, 1.5 TB
combined SATA HDD's, 512 Mb ATI video card.

Sorry, I had little help.

--
BoredCutter