Intel 82845 GL Chipset

Old September 27th 06, 12:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike

Default Intel 82845 GL Chipset

OK I do not know if this has been posted before, but here goes. I have an
Intel 82845 GL on board chipset that i do not even use. I have an Nvidia GE
Force graphics card. The problem is that everytime I boot up Vista 5782,
(This has happened on all versions that I have used) automatic downloads
downloads and installs the driver for the Intel chipset. How do I stop this
from downloading and installing all the time? This is driving me nust. Please
anyone that can help, leave me a mesage here or feel free to email me at:
. Thanks.

Old September 27th 06, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rox

Mike,

First uninstall the driver. Do not reboot the computer after doing so. Go to
windows update in your start menu. Select Change Settings and change it from
automatically to never check for updates. make sure that on the bottom of the
page area under recommended updates that it is checked. Select OK. this brngs
you back to the windows update page. select check for updates. once finished,
you will see an optional update. select wiew updates on the right of the
update count. there you will see the driver for your card. just right click
on it and select hide update. this will prevent the driver from ever
installing again. Now go back to settings and change it back to install
updates automatically and select ok. Thats it. I hope you enjoy Windows
Vista. Have fun with it and don not be afraid to explore and break things
that is how you learn. Worst case; you will have to reinstall it all over
again.

Old September 27th 06, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike

Rox thanks for that great expnation of how to fix this. It has been driving
me absolutely insane. I will do this tonight when I get home from work. I
will let everyone know how it went. Thanks again for the great advice!