Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Problems! Help

Old September 28th 06, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bezley

Default Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Problems! Help

I have installed the soundcard using drivers from the original installation
disk. This cleared up not having sound at all upon first Vista install.
However when I calibrate the 5.1 sound it doesn't seem to work properly. I
can set it up correctly. The when I go to the test feature where it brings a
noise through each speaker "Front Left", "Front Right", "Centre", they do not
seem to work properly. I cannot get 5.1 to work. HOwever in XP it is all
completely setup correctly so I know that it is not a wiring error on my part.
I tried installing a driver from Creative but to no avail. Anyone else
having similar problem? What should I try next?

Old September 28th 06, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
burnin_18

i had a problem with my sound card also. Creative audigy 4 was found but so
sound came out. i was trying a 64bit vista and hardly any drivers were
compatable with it

Old September 28th 06, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leadfoot

forum by Creative for Vista

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...board.id=Vista

A possible solution below

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...essage.id=1404

getting anything more than stereo out of the creative vista drivers once you
get them working is hit or miss at best. Creatives positon is that this
beta software so what you get is what you get.