Missing Microsoft Fingerprintreader Driver

Old October 1st 06, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bruce Hobson

Default Missing Microsoft Fingerprintreader Driver

Don't forget Vista Drivers for your own fingerprint reader(s)

Thanks,

Bruce
Old October 1st 06, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bruce Hobson

I'm using Vista RC1 5600. The drivers for Microsoft Fingerprint Reader are
missing:

Device type: Other devices
Manufacturer: Unknown
Location: Port_#0002.Hub_#0005

Device Status
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To reinstall the drivers for this device. click Reinstall Driver.

When you try to reinstall a driver for this device none are found.

Old October 1st 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Bruce;
And I am not sure there will ever be drivers for the current readers.

Also, do not forget the Microsoft Fingerprint reader is only a convenience
item and not intended for any type of security.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old October 2nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ron Rector

If your using "Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with Fingerprint reader" this
will be address at a later date with Intellipoint 6.1

Old October 8th 06, 07:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Martin Stein

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
And I am not sure there will ever be drivers for the current readers.

Also, do not forget the Microsoft Fingerprint reader is only a convenience
item and not intended for any type of security.

To me this sounds like "we are not planning to support our products", and
"they don't really work anyhow". I am one of those that bought the Microsoft
fingerprint reader. Another customer.
Old October 8th 06, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FG

When I asked MS support, they answered that the required software would be
available in RTM.

"Martin Stein" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...

Old October 8th 06, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bruce Hobson

The Beta for DigitalPersona 2.0 seems to work just fine. I now have my
fingerprint reader back.

Bruce Hobson