NVidia 96.33 beta driver

Old October 2nd 06, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

Default NVidia 96.33 beta driver

/John Doe/ said:

"BChat" wrote in message

"dev" wrote in message

/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message

/BChat/ said:

"dev" wrote in message

In the release notes it is states "This driver does not support the SDI
(serial digital interface)."

Is SDI synonymous with a DVI connection to the monitor - vs. VGA - in
this case?

If that is the case, it may explain why the NVidia Control Panel here is
devoid of many settings.
Did you try changing STANDARD VIEW to ADVANCED VIEW
on the top? Just a suggestion - no idea if it will solve your problem.
Yes, literally every menu option has been tested. Only "multi-monitor"
and "3D" configurations are present in the NVidia Control Panel; no
brightness, contrast, gamma, sizing, etc., despite the fact that HELP
suggests that they should be present.

Wish I could be of more help - I only have those options also.
On my XP Home drive I have the same two plus Video and TV
Good Luck...

Is your Vista monitor being driven digitally (DVI) or via a VGA cable?
If the former, that would tend to confirm my results. Thanks.

Digital

I also only have multimonitor and 3D settings in control panel, and I'm
using the VGA cable.

Interesting. It appears that the beta driver has limited functionality.
If others using 96.33 see more options than we do, they have not
reported same.
Old October 2nd 06, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:10:33 -0400, "BChat" wrote:

"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:

"dev" wrote in message

[...]

I am using 96.33 and a DVI connector on my 6800 GT AGP. All works
fine.

Eric
Old October 3rd 06, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
[...]

Works fine here as well, but open the NVidia Control Panel in Vista's
Control Panel and tell us what options you see there. Can you adjust
brightness, contrast, gamma, screen positioning, etc.? What is shown?
Here it's only 3D and multi-monitor adjustments...
Old October 4th 06, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
[...]

That is all I have also..
Eric
Old October 4th 06, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
[...]

I wonder if all those other settings are not there because the desktop
also runs in 3D all the time?..
Eric