6to4 adapter

Old September 3rd 07, 08:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Neal Weissman

Default 6to4 adapter

does anyone know what the "6TO4 adapter" is? it has never worked, i have
always received this message:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device. (Code 31)" does anyone know what this means in
english?

thanks.
--
Fool On The Hill

Old September 3rd 07, 12:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

It's part of your networking software dealing with the IPv6 protocol. You
may need an updated drive for your nic.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old October 26th 07, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
uglyhawaiian

I uninstalled mine and my computer did not find it and thus did not update
it. any suggestions?

Old November 30th 07, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zzZRoc_24K

IPV6 is will be a new protocal, when it will be active, but it isn't yet. If
I remember right from a Networking class I took in Collage, IPV4 is a ip
addressing protocal and IPV6 will be aviliable when IPV4 will run out of ip
address's. I just unchecked the box in manage networks and its been 24 hours
and I haven't lost my connection yet, where before I kept losing my
connection therefor, you can't update it. BTW I'm using Vista 64Bit Ultimate.

Old December 3rd 07, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zzZRoc_24K

bahhh humbug , it went back to losing my connection, hate it when im on World
of Warcraft, make me crazy any1 else have any ideas? it wont let me uninstall
it because when i click on it uninstall dont light up?

Old December 6th 07, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zzZRoc_24K

I did this, seems to be working now....

Running Vista Ultimate I have a problems where I have unbound IPV6 from all
interfaces but what appears to be happening is the on 127.0.0.1 IPV6 is
still active and port 14156 is listening on IPV6 and not IPV4 from what I
can see.

xxx.exe:5452 TCP v32:50432 localhost:14151 ESTABLISHED
xxx.exe:5452 TCPV6 v32:14156 rsysgv32:0 LISTENING

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents

has a value of 0xFF which means IPV6 is disabled on ALL interfaces with IPV4
preferred according to:

Old December 9th 07, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zzZRoc_24K

IT works now......
Unlike Windows XP, IPv6 in Windows Vista cannot be uninstalled. However, you
can disable IPv6 in Windows Vista by doing one of the following:

In the Connections and Adapters folder, obtain properties on all of your
connections and adapters and clear the check box next to the Internet
Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list under This connection
uses the following items. This method disables IPv6 on your LAN interfaces
and connections, but does not disable IPv6 on tunnel interfaces or the IPv6
loopback interface.

Add the following registry value (DWORD type) set to 0xFF:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents

This method disables IPv6 on all your LAN interfaces, connections, and
tunnel interfaces but does not disable the IPv6 loopback interface. You must
restart the computer for this registry value to take effect.

( 8(P)

Old December 9th 07, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zzZRoc_24K

by the way, it say in the other replies set the value at 0xFF this is
incorrect mine works now I set the value at 255, which disables IPV6 all
together. ( 8(P)