Old January 1st 07, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

Default Readyboost Crashes System at Reboot

Also eliminate the possiblility of an external hub being involved.

"Richard Urban" wrote in message
At what stage of the process does your computer crash. I have both
in-built 2.0 ports and an extra add-in card with 5 more 2.0 ports.
Depending upon where I have my external USB hard drive plugged in, my
computer will not boot.

If you have the same situation, try the in-built ports if you are
currently connected to the add-in ports.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"bobneedshelp" wrote in message
I installed a PNY Attache 2GB device and configured it for Readyboost.
When
I restarted my system, it crashes my system at startup. I can't see the
log
for the issue. If I remove the memory stick and reboot, things look OK.

Thoughts?
--
Bob