All-In-Wonder X800 XT "How to get TV to work)

Old October 2nd 06, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timmer

Default All-In-Wonder X800 XT "How to get TV to work)

I got the X800 XT AIW to work.

Took me all day Saturday to figure it out...but I used to spend more time
than that installing Windows 95 from floppy years ago =-)

1) Install the drivers and multimedia from the original x800 cd.
2) When the install fails and a pop-up askes to try it again using
recomended settings click yes.
3) reboot
4)After install when it is trying to load drivers and fails, select the
option to browse for the drivers and point in the directin of the x800 cd
5) reboot
6) download and install the latest ATI drivers but NOT the catylyst
software(video driver and WDM driver)
7) Install these and reboot
8) You're all set.
Old October 6th 06, 01:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike

"Timmer" wrote in message
I got the X800 XT AIW to work.

Took me all day Saturday to figure it out...but I used to spend more time
than that installing Windows 95 from floppy years ago =-)

1) Install the drivers and multimedia from the original x800 cd.
2) When the install fails and a pop-up askes to try it again using
recomended settings click yes.
3) reboot
4)After install when it is trying to load drivers and fails, select the
option to browse for the drivers and point in the directin of the x800 cd
5) reboot
6) download and install the latest ATI drivers but NOT the catylyst
software(video driver and WDM driver)
7) Install these and reboot
8) You're all set.

Does this give you Aero Glass? Seems to me the XP drivers won't do that.

Mike

Old October 8th 06, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Daniel

I installed the Catalyst Beta software from ATI and Vista started to crash
and reboot itself. I had to uninstall it. I'm on the web site now and all I'm
seeing as far is updated drivers for Vista is the Catalyst program. I also
noticed my sound wasn't working when I had it installed.

Dan

Old October 9th 06, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timmer

OK I have had to reload VISTA 5 times now. I have almost got this down to a
science. You have to load the entire ORIGINAL installation CD. Then, when
it can't find the drivers for the capture WDM etc, point VISTA in the
direction of the ORIGINAL X800 installation CD drivers directory. After the
third reboot, instll the latest XP display and WDM driver NOT the vista beta.

What I am trying to do as I write this is to install the latest beta VISTA
driver after this. That will stop the driver crashes on shut down I hope.

I'll let you know.

Old October 9th 06, 04:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timmer

OK don't load the ATI Vista beta drivers....the ones taht are posted on the
main page of aTI. I did that and the TV feature stopped functioning again.
Worse yet I wasn't able to restore back the the point where it was working.
I will have to load her up for the 10th time. I am going to try to load just
the catylyst portion of ATI's latest VISTA driver. If that crashes it I will
stick to what workes right now.

I would rather have a system that plays TV and crashes at shut down thhan
one that doesn't play TV.

I sure hope that the final release of VISTA loads out of the box with fully
supporting drivers for all the features of the most popular media cards on
the market such as the latest ALL IN WONDER series of ATI cards.

I'll check back in a couple days to see if anyone has posted. If my
directions wern't clear enough I will repost when it is not 2 in the morning.

Tim