Old August 18th 08, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Birchwood

Default Explorer doesn't show thumbnails on networked folder

Iganpo -

I am also experiencing the exact same thing and it did used to work fine for
me as well. Clearly an update "fixed" this for us. I have noticed that in
some cases, if you preview each picture that the next time you visit the
directory, your thumbnails will appear, but this is clearly not a solution
and it is not consistent. I hope that someone can address this - Microsoft in
particular.

"iganpo" wrote:

I keep all my photos on a networked computer. On my Windows Vista Home
Premium computer, I can't get Explorer to display the thumbnails for any
picture. It only displays a generic image icon. If I open a folder on the
local hard drive, it shows the previews fine.

I've made sure that to uncheck "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in
Folder Options. I've applied the folder template "Pictures and Videos" to
the network folder.

My Windows XP computer seems to have no problem displaying image thumbnails.

How can I get Vista to display the image thumbnails on a network folder?