Old August 20th 08, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dreadpyrat

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Hi all,
I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.
I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it.
It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage:

"hid data has stopped working"

Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up
until the next time I reboot. Then I have to repeat the installation all
over again.

I installed Intellipoint drivers as suggested on an HP laptop forum -
no fix
I searched Google and Microsoft's knowledge base...nothing.

I'm at a loss, can anyone help?

--
dreadpyrat