Old August 21st 08, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
marcnarc

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I too have an HP laptop (dv7) and installed the Bluetooth Desktop from
Microsoft (mouse 8000 and keyboard 7000). Set up well, and am even able to
use the internal bluetooth device built in to the laptop, not having to use
the USB bluetooth device that came with the keyboard/mouse set.

Unfortunately, I now get the 'HID DATA has stopped working' error message
when logging in to Windows. It only appears once and the keyboard mouse
continue to work perfectly. I will occasionally see the error message during
use, but not often. If I reboot without the devices I don't see the error
messages.

There are other posts on the web about this problem as its not only
associated with the Microsoft devices, but at times related to other keyboard
devices. There is one common characteristic in that they all indicate they
use an HP laptop, several different models.

I tried installing the update mentioned by Turksandcaicos. Strangely its
says this update doesn't apply to my operating system which is Vista Home
Premium, even though it says the update is for Vista.

I appreciate the effort by Microsoft for the update attempt, but I still
personally believe this is related to software/drivers on the HP laptop and
not the Microsoft devices.

"Turksandcaicos" wrote:

My son has the same laptop and mouse. I wrote HP a note and they replied to
apply this patch.

My son is at school so he hasn't tried it yet. However, after reading the
description I am not overly optimistic that it will correct the problem.