Vista Banter

-   -   Windows Mobile device center (http://www.vistabanter.com/7051-windows-mobile-device-center.html)

Frettfreak October 3rd 06 07:57 PM

Windows Mobile device center

Ok, just recently upgraded (fresh install) from beta 2 to RC1. Now when I
try to setup a sync partnership with my PDA (a XV6700 WM5), it is only
allowing me to setup a media player sync not my normal device sync.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Trunklid ADG October 4th 06 08:28 AM

Windows Mobile device center

This is a common issue. I also have the XV6700 Sync Center worked fine in
Beta 2; now removed from RC1 apparently the excuse is security issues.

When they got rid of the senior programmers for the contractors on the Vista
program they made a big mistake. Now Vista is just a 64 bit face lift with
menus all spread out to make it look like you are getting more for your
money. If I were Bill I would have left Microsoft also.

Timothyy October 4th 06 06:57 PM

Windows Mobile device center

According to the Windows Vista blog at
http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvist...28/459675.aspx the
Windows Mobile Device Center beta should be released this week on Windows
Update.

Frettfreak October 4th 06 07:05 PM

Windows Mobile device center

AWesome, after investigating further after I wrote this post, I saw that RC1
did not come with it! I had NO problems with the beta 2 build (as far as
WMDC is concerned). Thanks for the help!!