Old August 27th 08, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

Default Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Double Clicks when Clicked Once.

"Richard B" wrote in message
Upon moving from Windows XP to Vista, a new PC, the Microsoft Mouse has
taken up a bad habit of double clicking when it is only clicked once. This
is so prevalent that we are hesitant to use it to click on certain items.
For example, the delete button in mail. We delete two messages instead of
the one we clicked on. For fun try playing solitaire, flipping two cards,
instead of one, after a while it really gets annoying.

I have tried to adjust the settings and checked with Microsoft and
downloaded the latest drivers for this but it has not improved. It may
actually be getting worse.

Any suggestions?

Is it time to get a new mouse?

Thank,

Richard..

Try a different mouse and see if it exhibits the same behavior..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..