Old January 2nd 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bobneedshelp

Default Readyboost Crashes System at Reboot

I connected it in all of the various USB ports (front, back, etc). I have
the same issue. I did get a problem resolution from Vista that says I need
to turn off Hardware Acceleration on my graphics card. Hopefully this will
work.

--
Bob

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

Also eliminate the possiblility of an external hub being involved.

"Richard Urban" wrote in message
At what stage of the process does your computer crash. I have both
in-built 2.0 ports and an extra add-in card with 5 more 2.0 ports.
Depending upon where I have my external USB hard drive plugged in, my
computer will not boot.

If you have the same situation, try the in-built ports if you are
currently connected to the add-in ports.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"bobneedshelp" wrote in message
I installed a PNY Attache 2GB device and configured it for Readyboost.
When
I restarted my system, it crashes my system at startup. I can't see the
log
for the issue. If I remove the memory stick and reboot, things look OK.

Thoughts?
--
Bob