RC1 5600, Segate 120GB SATA and Kingiston DataTraveler 512MB USB F

Old October 5th 06, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DiDo FRGT/10

Default RC1 5600, Segate 120GB SATA and Kingiston DataTraveler 512MB USB F

Ok.. I started noticing this bug two days ago.. First of all, files are
desappering from my pc!! At first I thought tht I deleted them or some1 else
did, but I copied 3 files yesterday and today I can't find neither on the
location I copied them 2 or anywhere else!!

2nd, I don't have a DSL connecting at home, so what I do is tht I go to the
net cafe near my house download the files I want, move them to my flash and
paste them on my HDD, MSI packege files get corrupted during this
opperation!! I don't know wht's exactly wrong, but I've downloaded some files
more than once, and when I run them on my PC the installer says tht the file
is corrupted..

3rd, everytime I start windows, it takes more time to start up than before,
and when running WMP and try to do anything else the system DIES!! I mean, I
check on the task manager, and sometimes the CPU usage reaches 100% and other
times the RAM usage reaches 100%, and sometimes they both do!! that didn't
happen in beta2.. I don't know why, but I feel tht virtualization is causing
programs to work in background even though I closed them, like WMP and Media
center, and Index..

4th, cud u please remove the security alerts when running a program or
starting an installation when in an administrator's account!! I mean, it
doesn't make any sense that I should click "OK" evertime I open the program,
I'm really suffering with this when using winRAR 3.3, I can't right click a
zipped file and click extract here, or any other option in the program, they
are disabled, and when I click them I don't get a msg or anything, I get
forced to open the program click "OK" to the security msg, go to the file
location and click "Extract Files"!! Which really sucks for me, cuz I use
that program alot..

5th, cud any1 plzzz tell RealTek guys to make a desent driver for AC'97
audio cards for windows vista and fix there server, cuz whenever I download a
driver it's max speed for download reaches 4KpSec!!

6th, I have 2 pieces of RAM "256MB" each, but the system gives me tht I have
502!! Does any1 know why?? Some told me tht it's because of the built-In GPU
card, but I'm not using it, I'm using a PCI-Express card, and I have disabled
the built-In card from the bios..

Last thing, multipe users on vista are giving me a headache!! See, I have 2
accounts, Admin "Mine", and user "for the rest of the family", when I open
my account, then switch to the other, the aero style is disabled, the pc gets
too slow, and when running new programs the istaller opens and sets up the
program like installing it for the 1st time or repairing it, and it keeps
bugging me to login as admin andregister my productse even though I already
did!!

I know tht I have said too much, SORRY.. Thnx for replyin in advance.. Thnx

P.S.: My system: MB MSI 915GM2
CPU Intel 3.2
GPU MSI GeForce 6600LE 256MB PCI-Express
RAM 512MB DDR
HDD 120GB Segate SATA
Old October 7th 06, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirefm

Honestly, you are way short on RAM. You need to go to 1GB at least if you
want better performance. I have 2GB and Vista sometimes use 1.8 of it. Colin