Vista restarts itself because of Nvidia + TV Card problem.

Old October 7th 06, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
VR6CH

Default Vista restarts itself because of Nvidia + TV Card problem.

Hi,
I have a problem with 2 hardwares.
First is the Nvidia 5200 card with 128mb.
At some point during the operation, the Vista restarts itself and gives me a
fault in the nvlddmkm file. Also when i am trying to run media player it
starts to say that this module of the graphic card stopped reacting and has
recovered.
I have installed the latest drivers (Vista drivers) for my Nvidia but.....

Problem 2 is the Medion Philips TV-Card 7134.
I have replaced the original Vista drivers for the hardware with the ones
that I have had in XP, and it seems to work better. But for some reason no
software can recognise and work with it correctly. Some progs says that the
SAA7134 driver or so is missing and that 34api.dll hasn't been found,
although it is in the system32 directory... My radio module in the home
cinema software can not work because of that...
What i also noticed is that under XP i had 2 devices for the card: the WDM
Capture Device and the TV Card 7134 Mk 2/3.
Under device mgr of the Vista it showed at the beginning only one device
called WDM Hybrid etc .......

Sorry for writing so much but I thought to put 2 things in one message in
order not to flood the forum.
Will be happy to hear some suggestions or solutions.
Danny
Old October 8th 06, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert R. Johnson Jr

I'd like to know what build you are using and I suggest you try build 5744
RC2. This is the only build that works for my MSI motherboard and my EVGA
7950 GX2 videocard. RC1 5600 and 5728 do not work.

regards
Robert

Old October 8th 06, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
VR6CH

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the 5600 RC, (although when downloading from microsoft website, i
thought I was downloading the 5728 :-) ).
Anyways, is RC2 available for the Open Community as well now? cause I heard
that it is only for limited amount of people until further notice....
Regards
Daniel.