Intel Pro Wireless 2100 driver

Old October 7th 06, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GMNelson

Default Intel Pro Wireless 2100 driver

Anyone know where I can find a Vista driver for my Dell's Intel Pro 2100
Wireless Adapter? Dell does not have one and I couldn't find one on Intel's
site, either.
Old October 7th 06, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

/GMNelson/ said:

Anyone know where I can find a Vista driver for my Dell's Intel Pro 2100
Wireless Adapter? Dell does not have one and I couldn't find one on Intel's
site, either.

That adapter is quite dated now, if it is the one I recall from the late
90s. I suggest a call to your DSL provider, to check out their
recommendation.
Old October 8th 06, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pavel A.

"GMNelson" wrote in message ...
Anyone know where I can find a Vista driver for my Dell's Intel Pro 2100
Wireless Adapter? Dell does not have one and I couldn't find one on Intel's
site, either.

So... it become unsuported for Vista

--PA

Old October 10th 06, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GMNelson

Don't know what good contacting my DSL provider would do. Thanks anyway.
I'll keep looking around.

Old October 11th 06, 12:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pavel A.

"GMNelson" wrote in message ...
Don't know what good contacting my DSL provider would do. Thanks anyway.

The 2100 will not have a native driver for Vista.
Depending on the laptop model, you can install another mini-PCI or external adapter.

--PA

Old November 7th 06, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dean-Dean

Hi GMNelson,

It's he

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scri...&ProductID=944

Hope this helps,
Dean

Old November 7th 06, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Dean;
ya happen to have one for the 3945abg card?

Jeff

Old November 7th 06, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
km

Intel's statement on their website:

IntelĀ® PROSet/Wireless will be replaced with Microsoft Windows Vista* IHV service. Support for the Microsoft Windows Vista* IHV service will be available in the upcoming software release from Intel in Q2'07

Otherwise 3945 works well with me in vista, as drivers are supplied for this card, at least in beta II

Old November 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

km,
Yup; got the vista driver's.
Was confusededede-lol

Jeff

Old November 7th 06, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dean-Dean

Hi Jeff,

A new driver should be coming shortly (quote: driver not yet available for
download; anticipated availability Late Q4'06). See:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-023577.htm

The only available driver for Vista from Intel thus far, for their
PRO/Wireless products, is for the PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection.

Hope this helps,
Dean