Old September 17th 08, 07:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

Default Taming or understanding Vista file manager

"Dr. Dos" wrote in message

I have adjusted indexing options. I can now find fred, BUT the search
function is still too broad. I. E., it finds variations on fred.xxx, but
also finds xxx(*).fre, etc. All I want is for search to function as it
used to in xp, 98, 95. that is, I want to search for a file that starts
with fred not *fred* and not *.* with fred in the text. I do not want
SEARCH to start looking before I finish entering my criteria. Can you
help?

Do WinKey+F and the Search folder window opens - click on Advanced Search.

HTH