Old September 17th 08, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Wandering[_2_]

Default Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

I know of no way to stabilize Vista Folder Properties, or those of any other
version of Windows since 3.11. But you can delete the "type" column in the
windows you are concerned with, and then it will no longer group on type.
Good luck.

You could make this the default for all folders, but I can't promise it will
stick.

"catlovingdoc" wrote in message
I, too, hate grouping and seem unable to kill it. I think Microsoft Update
may be trashing my laborious saving of my preferred template to each of
the
so called types of explorer windows (document, pictures, etc.) Like Bryan,
use my computer to work, not play: not edit video, not create multimedia
experiences, but WORK. I wish Vista would just let me work. If you do find
permanent across the board way to kill grouping, please share it here.

"VanZea" wrote:

The prolem is Vista turns it on at random. I also never wan't to use this
feature, but an off switch is nowhere to be found, or doesn't work.

"Gordon" wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message
For those of you who love this feature, please don't pollute my
thread
with
proclamations of love for this feature. I'm looking for a serious
solution
to permanently turning it off, other than the "Apply to all folders"
that
doesn't work. If you don't have a solution please refrain from
responding..

sigh JUST DON'T TURN IT ON...........DON'T USE IT if it bothers you
that
much. I don't use it and it doesn't appear.....AT ALL......