Can Connect to Router but unable to connect to internet

Old October 12th 09, 07:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
PanzerMagier7

Default Can Connect to Router but unable to connect to internet

Every bloody time update Vista, my internet does NOT want to connect
fully or worse yet, It have to run a system repair at start up before it
will bloody boot up properly! _ What gives? Also, does ANYONE know
where I can get hold of a Windows 7 Voucher for this computer? are they
offering Windows 7 coupons to existing Vista users?

~Frustrated in Chatta-no-where

--
PanzerMagier7
Old October 14th 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Pat Cook

PanzerMagier7 wrote:
Every bloody time update Vista, my internet does NOT want to connect
fully or worse yet, It have to run a system repair at start up before it
will bloody boot up properly! _ What gives? Also, does ANYONE know
where I can get hold of a Windows 7 Voucher for this computer? are they
offering Windows 7 coupons to existing Vista users?

~Frustrated in Chatta-no-where

I assume you're running a network or you wouldn't be posting here. As
such, lemme offer these solutions.....

1). Power cycle your router (This usually solves the problem right away!)

If the problem persists however (In other words, you STILL can't connect
get online), try doing these things IN ORDER (Performing connectivity
tests after each task)....

2). Power cycle your router AND your modem

3). COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN THE CULPRIT COMPUTER & power cycle your router
& modem

4). COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN ALL COMPUTERS ON YOUR NETWORK & power cycle
your router & modem (Usually it's a simple case of one computer not
being able to see or talk to the other(s) on the network, but that's not
necessarily true)

In the event ALL of the above tasks fail, there's this nifty little
option.....

5). Call your ISP & report the problem to them

They may have you repeat all of the above tasks, but then again, there
may be a problem on their end which they may already be aware of. If
this is the case, the only thing you can do is just simply wait it out.

Hope this helps.....

Cheers

Pat Cook
Denver, CO

Old November 24th 09, 09:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
eaa123

Hi, I have read the threads regarding difficulties with Netgear router
connection to the internet and here is a further twist. Similar problems
have been discussed in the context of Vista and XP but my problem is
with Window 7 Home Premuim 64 bit. My Netgear router Range Max N worked
fine on my 3 week-old PC, first on Vista Home Premium, then continued to
work for another 1 week when I upgraded to Windows 7 Home premium.
Router status shows “connected” but I am not able to access
any website from this new PC anymore. Three laptops in the household
each running Windows 7, WinXP and Vista Home Premium are able to connect
wirelessly to the Internet through the same router. Also, my older PC
running WinXP connects successfully to the Internet by direct network
cable connection to the same router. I swapped the network cable but
that did not help. Windows 7 diagnosis finds no reason for the problem
and basically leaves me with no further suggestion. Can anyone help me
out please?

--
eaa123
eaa123's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157683.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 6th 10, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Hussain_sg

hi guys, i had exactly the same problem with D-link router and windows
vista premium. Can connect to the router, but no internet. i tried every
solution available online, but did not help. I also noticed that one of
the three lights on the router was not green , but yellow/orange. I was
using the same blue cable provided in the pack, to connect router-modem
and I found that the problem was that blue cable. Alternatively, I
removed the blue cable and connected the router - modem via another
Ethernet cable, normal one, and suddenly all the lights on the router
were green and I was online.

--
Hussain_sg
Hussain_sg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/191361.htm