Mouse pointer jumps

Old February 5th 10, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
drtn

Default Mouse pointer jumps

To Stop Mouse pointer jumps

DO THIS:

Go to control Panel -
select: Mouse -
Choose: Pointer Options -
then: Uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision."

This will fix it. My problem was occurring every 10 seconds. Ugh.
Now it is gone.

--
drtn

Old May 1st 11, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Catherine Gallagher

I recommend StopMouseJumping to fix this problem:
http://www.stopmousejumping.com/

On Friday, September 14, 2007 9:26 AM explor77 wrote:

I have a Microsof Wireless Opitcal mouse and without moving it, it
jumps all over the screen. Have tried it with and without a pad and it
still happens. Any ideas?

TIA
Bob

On Friday, September 14, 2007 1:56 PM Dal wrote:

try moving it closer to the wireless receiver or try a corded mouse i had
this problem too

On Friday, September 14, 2007 4:49 PM Mark Bourne wrote:

It may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried changing the
batteries? Sometimes they will last so long on one set you forget they
need changing occasionally ;o)

Dale wrote:

On Monday, September 17, 2007 5:29 PM R. C. White wrote:

Hi, Bob.

On open mike can cause this if you are using speech recognition software.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail beta in Vista Ultimate x64)

wrote in message
oups.com...

On Monday, January 26, 2009 11:34 PM jinks wrote:

Anyone got any fix for this problem? I have tried 2 different optical
mouses and I have tried a USB mouse and having the same problem. it is a
Dell laptop with Vista.

--
jinks

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:09 PM Rojo Habe wrote:

Have you tried a different mouse mat? Some optical mice can become confused
by mouse mats with a picture on them, particularly if they contain a lot of
red.

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:56 PM jinks wrote:

Mine is plain blue and I have tried different ones. It seems that when
I put the mat over the touchpad it works better and doesn't jump
arround. Can someone tell me how to disable the touchpad? In the mouse
properties in doesn't give me the option to disable it. It has a
disable button but will not disable.

--
jinks

On Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:12 PM Rojo Habe wrote:

You can probably disable the touchpad in the Device Manager (under "Mice and
other pointing devices") if you're sure you're never going to use it.
Otherwise you should just be able to disable the tapping feature. There
should be a separate tab in the mouse properties for the touchpad.
Depending on the manufacturer it may say "Synaptics", "Alps", or just
"Touchpad". My Fujitsu just says "Stick" (it doesn't have a touchpad, just
a little joystick thing in the middle of the keyboard). In there somewhere
should be an option that says "use tap" or something like that.
Alternatively there may well be a Taskbar icon for the touchpad, in which
case you may be able to find an option on the right-click menu to turn it
off.

"jinks" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:42 PM jinks wrote:

Mine is an Alps and there is no option to disable, only uninstall, which
I really do not want to do. I have tried though device manager and the
mouse properties. Pleas advise.

--
jinks

On Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:32 PM jinks wrote:

Just thought I'd let you know my problem has been solved. After I
downloaded a driver from Synaptics I had the option to disable the
touchpad. It has also stopped the cursor from jumping around. Here is
the link to the driver.
'Drivers | Synaptics' (
http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers)

--