Vista and the Cingular 8125

Old November 29th 06, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
stephenwelch

Default Vista and the Cingular 8125

Keith! My problem is fixed! Are you by chance running the beta of Virusscan
8.5i?? It is blocking the process and doesnt give a warning! disable on
demand scan, then try running the install. Worked fine. To do syncs you
then have to add wmdc.exe as a low risk process in virus scan when you enable
it!

"Keith Nicholson" wrote:

stephen,

I'm seeing a similar approach. There appears to be an error with a device
driver.

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode
[ Guid] {2e35aaeb-857f-4beb-a418-2e6c0e54d988}

EventID 10111

Version 1

Level 1

Task 64

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x2000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2006-11-28T23:57:28.824Z

EventRecordID 3068

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 1164
[ ThreadID] 1528

Channel System

Computer MyComputer

- Security

[ UserID] S-Z-Y-XX

- UserData

- UmdfDeviceOffline

[ lifetime] {356C0C5A-1A82-42FE-A085-1072F69050B8}
- DeviceInfo

FriendlyName Windows Mobile device

Location (unknown)

InstanceId
ACTIVESYNCWPDENUMERATOR\UMB\2&306B293B&0&ACTIVESYN CWPDDEVICE-F125CAC0-5BF5-C0EE-6ACE-1F42E270FFED-

RestartCount 5

Best Wishes,
Keith

"stephenwelch" wrote in message
news
I have a Cingular 8125. Vista will detect it but only has a media device.
cannot get it to be recognized to sync outlook. I try downloading and
running the WMDC and it gets almost done on the progress bar of set, then
all of the sudden the progress bar starts going down (as if it undoes the
install) then closes. Nothing happens. Any ideas?

"NavyMustang" wrote:

Thanks all... I actually was able to get it working last night by
downloading the beta WMDC and installing it. I had to google it though
for
the solution! It seems that WMDC was removed from RC1 and MS has yet to
offer it as a final release from Windows Update.

Just a note to the MS gurus who read these posts... RC1 and RC2 are
supposed to be "feature ready". Don't know how you can claim that when
it
doesn't include such a key component like WMDC. My MS products (i.e.
Mobile
5.0, MS Money 2007, etc.) should be fully ready to go. I love it all
though!

Mike

"Jan Nøtland" wrote:

You need to download and install WMDC Beta3 from

"NavyMustang" wrote in message
Windows Mobile Device Center is supposed to be a hot addition to
Vista.
SO,
why won't Vista recognize my new Cingular 8125??? It can't find a
device
driver and tells me to contact my device manufacturer. Anybody know
how
get the Mobile Device Center to start working on my 8125?

Old November 30th 06, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Keith Nicholson

Stephen,

Yes, I did an upgrade from XP. I still am unsure what is happening here. I
hope someone else comes up with a solution.

Best Wishes,
Keith
"stephenwelch" wrote in message
Keith:

Just curious, did you upgrade from xp to Vista? I have read others
having
the problem when this was the case. It detects my phone but since the
mobile
device center will not install, none of the sync will work. Please let
me
know if you discover any solutions. I was thinking about redoing my
system
with a fresh vista install if it was in fact the upgrade that might have
been
causing this problem...

Steve

Old December 1st 06, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Keith Nicholson

Congrats!!!!

I'm running TrendMicro. Let me give it a similar try.

Old December 2nd 06, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Keith Nicholson

Stephen,

Almost working. It starts to synch, processes about 25% of my contacts then
it disconnects. I'm stilling playing with this.

Best Wishes,
Keith