RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers

Old October 13th 06, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cmcarthy

Default RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers

The BIOS doesn't allow both cards to exist for display adaptors. As for the
power of a FX5200, it works great for normal use with Aero on. I have an
XBOX360 for my dedicated gaming.

"JW" wrote:

There is nothing wrong with loading the driver if you are not using it, What
problem does it cause if you let it load.
I suggest that you try connecting your VGA display to the MOBO connection
and just your DVI connection on the 5200 card and then set the 5200 card
display as primarly and the MOBO connected display as secondary.
Then shutdown and reboot with both displays connected to the 5200.
Also I am not sure a 5200 card has the horsepower to drive two displays at
1280x1024.
Unless you need to have both displays involved when gaming you might be best
off to connect the display you want to use for gaming to the 5200 and the
other display to the onboard connection. This will free up horsepower on
the the 5200 for gaming since it will only have to drive a single display.

"cmcarthy" wrote in message
1. eMachines W2646 computer with a Trigem Imperial-GV mobo (intel 82845GV)
2. nVidia FX5200 128 MB PCI (not PCI-x)
3. No add-on TV tuner card. nVidia does have an S-video ouput though (not
being used). Tried MS native drivers, currently using nVidia's beta
drivers
96.33 for Vista x86
4. Onboard graphics didn't have enough "specs" for any kindof gaming.
Wanted
a dedicated card for gaming and better performance in Windows. (Yes, PCI
isn't a graphics port)
5. Lastest BIOS since 2003. No updates available.
6. Using dual monitors DVI and VGA, both at 1280 x 1024

"JW" wrote:

This situation is very strange answers to the following questions may
help
to solve it.
1. What make/model is the MOBO onboard graphics chip and how much memory
does it have?
2. What make/model is the add on graphics card, how much memory and what
driver release are you using for it?
3. Do you also have a TV tuner/Video capture card installed? if yes is at
the same IRQ as the add on graphics card? What driver release are you
using
for this card 96.33 or the one that came with RC2?
4. Why did you need to add a separate graphics card?
5. Have you checked to see if you are running the latest BIOS for your
MOBO?
6. What interface are you using for your monitor and at what resolution?

"cmcarthy" wrote in message
Not rebooting usually results in conflicts. Sometimes Aero is switched
off
and the screen goes to Vista Basic (ugghh), other times my screen goes
black
and I have to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to go back to the log in screen.
Plus,
having the repeated drivers coming up is just a pain in the butt!

"JW" wrote:

So if your monitor is connected to the NVIDIA and your display is
working
why are you rebooting when it tries to switch to the internal card
instead
of just ignoring the alert to reboot?

"cmcarthy" wrote in message
It's weird but it works! The internal graphics only shows the Intel
BIOS
information, but it never shows anything else. However, the nVidia
card
is
the active card. Just as Mike is having, the internal graphics shows
up
for a
brief moment then it disappears.

Also, I can easily repeat this process by going to the Hardware
Manager
and
clicking the "search for new hardware" icon. It repeatedly reloads
the
Intel
graphics drivers and requests for a reboot afterward. Even if I move
quickly
to disable the drivers, the drivers keep coming back!

Isn't there some INF file that I can target or some other setting?

"JW" wrote:

If your monitor is connected to the VGA connector on your NVIDIA
card
and
not
to the VGA connector on your MOBO how are you able to able to get
it
display?

"Mike" wrote in message
I only have my Nvidia card listed in the device manager. And I
have
already
turned off the on board graphics and I am only supposed to be
using
the
Nvidia card.

"Dennis Pack" wrote:

Mike:
If Vista is installing drivers for the integrated video
there
should
be 2 items under display adaptors, one for the integrated
adaptor
and
one
for the add-on video card.

"Mike" wrote in message
See there lies the problem. the drivers do not show up in the
device
manager.
I can not even uninstall the driver because it looks like it
is
installed
but
when I try to uninstall it, it will not. Have you got any
ideas
how
fix
this?

"Dennis Pack" wrote:

Mike:
I don't have this problem so I have no way of testing
this.
After
the onboard internal graphics drivers are installed, go into
device
manager
and disable the internal graphics, leaving the dedicated
graphics
enabled.

"Mike" wrote in message
I am having the same problems. It actually started with RC 1
5600
build.
hope someone has the answer to this issue.

"cmcarthy" wrote:

Hi all,

I seem to be in an endless loop with RC2 and my internal
graphics
card.
Unfortunately, my eMachines doesn't have an true "Disable
Internal
Graphics"
command in the BIOS.

I'm currently using a dedicated graphics card for Vista.
However,
Vista
keeps finding the internal graphics and keeps loading the
drivers
which
turn
aero off and reverts me to Vista basic (ughh). Rebooting
usually
resets
aero,
but Vista quickly finds and loads the Internal Graphics
drivers
again.
Is
there a command to stop RC2 from scanning for new
hardware?
Is
there a
command to just select rejection of the graphics card?
When I
go
the
Device Manager, the Internal Graphics doesn't even show up
so
that
can
disable it!

Please help :'(

Old October 13th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
JW

Then I suggest you try and find out if there is an updated BIOS for your
MOBO and/or request support from Gateay.