RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers

Old October 11th 06, 06:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cmcarthy

Default RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers

Hi all,

I seem to be in an endless loop with RC2 and my internal graphics card.
Unfortunately, my eMachines doesn't have an true "Disable Internal Graphics"
command in the BIOS.

I'm currently using a dedicated graphics card for Vista. However, Vista
keeps finding the internal graphics and keeps loading the drivers which turn
aero off and reverts me to Vista basic (ughh). Rebooting usually resets aero,
but Vista quickly finds and loads the Internal Graphics drivers again. Is
there a command to stop RC2 from scanning for new hardware? Is there a
command to just select rejection of the graphics card? When I go to the
Device Manager, the Internal Graphics doesn't even show up so that I can
disable it!

Please help :'(
Old October 11th 06, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mike

I am having the same problems. It actually started with RC 1 5600 build. I
hope someone has the answer to this issue.

Old October 11th 06, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dennis Pack

Mike:
I don't have this problem so I have no way of testing this. After
the onboard internal graphics drivers are installed, go into device manager
and disable the internal graphics, leaving the dedicated graphics enabled.

Old October 11th 06, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mike

See there lies the problem. the drivers do not show up in the device manager.
I can not even uninstall the driver because it looks like it is installed but
when I try to uninstall it, it will not. Have you got any ideas how to fix
this?

Old October 11th 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CM745

Try turning off support for the onboard graphics in the bios of the machine
which should allow you to do something with the graphics card drivers.
--
Quiet Beta Tester

Old October 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dennis Pack

Mike:
If Vista is installing drivers for the integrated video there should
be 2 items under display adaptors, one for the integrated adaptor and one
for the add-on video card.

Old October 11th 06, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mike

I only have my Nvidia card listed in the device manager. And I have already
turned off the on board graphics and I am only supposed to be using the
Nvidia card.

Old October 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dennis Pack

Mike:
I'm out of ideas. The best thing would be to file a bug report.

Old October 11th 06, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
JW

If your montor is connectd to the VGA connector on your NVIDIA card and not
to the VGA connector on your MOBO how are you able to able to get it to
display?

Old October 12th 06, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cmcarthy

It's weird but it works! The internal graphics only shows the Intel BIOS
information, but it never shows anything else. However, the nVidia card is
the active card. Just as Mike is having, the internal graphics shows up for a
brief moment then it disappears.

Also, I can easily repeat this process by going to the Hardware Manager and
clicking the "search for new hardware" icon. It repeatedly reloads the Intel
graphics drivers and requests for a reboot afterward. Even if I move quickly
to disable the drivers, the drivers keep coming back!

Isn't there some INF file that I can target or some other setting?

If your monitor is connected to the VGA connector on your NVIDIA card and not