Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

Old September 14th 07, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy

Default HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

For those having trouble with Dungeon Keeper 2.

Install DK2
Download patch from ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/archive/bullfrog/patches/dk2/
(v1.70)
Right click Desktop Icon, Choose Properties.
Compatibility, set to Windows XP SP2 mode
Check Disable visual themes and desktop composition
Click OK
Run Game.

Worked for me, hope it works for you,
A.

Old April 19th 08, 10:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
govpod

i have got this running and more stable than on older os's the site
below has detailed instructions.
'Dungeon Keeper 2 DK2 Cheats - Dungeon Keeper 2 Codes'
(http://www.dk2.webplatez.com)

--
govpod
Old April 21st 08, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

govpod wrote in news:govpod.3840w7@no-
mx.forums.net:

http://www.dk2.webplatez.com

Wow, great little site. I may have to try this game again. I seem to recall
getting this game running was a bit harder than disabling visual themes and
desktop composition, but I may be wrong.

--
-A.
Old June 20th 08, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
CaliannG

Thanks to your lovely advise, I finally managed to get DK2 to PLAY on my
Vista laptop...now I am having other problems that I have not had
before.

DK2 worked fine on Vista before i installed the update. I LIKE my
Maidens and Elite Creatures. After I installed the update, nothing.

After following your instructions, it at least boots up, gets me INTO
the game, acts like it is working properly...there is simply one
problem:

No picture where you look at your dungeon heart or click areas to be
dug out. Nothing. Just the Hand of Evil waving over blackness no
matter where you put it.

Everything ELSE shows. All the control panels and everything. Just
nothing in the center.

Am I doomed to play DK2 without the updates, without the neat stuff,
forever?

Peace,
Caliann

P.S. I ran the Update v5.0 package.

--
CaliannG
Old June 22nd 08, 06:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
CaliannG

Wizard of OCD;754130 Wrote:
I applied the patch and worked just fine for me

That is very wonderful for you. I wish it had worked so well for me.

I would still like to know if there is something I can do to get the
picture back on DK2....I would very much like to play it WITH the
updates.

Peace,
Caliann

--
CaliannG
Old June 23rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

CaliannG wrote in
:

Wizard of OCD;754130 Wrote:
I applied the patch and worked just fine for me

That is very wonderful for you. I wish it had worked so well for me.

I would still like to know if there is something I can do to get the
picture back on DK2....I would very much like to play it WITH the
updates.

Peace,
Caliann

Update your drivers on your system, post your system specs here.

SP1 or 0?

--
-A.
Old June 25th 08, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
n00bie

Anyone have a more recent link to the patch, or willing to host it?

--
n00bie
Old July 1st 08, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
tnuts

I am having the same problem with the picture, my tools and edges show
up but the dungeon heart or areas dug out show nothing. i have tried
playing with the display settings to no avail, and ran the same update

Old July 1st 08, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
tnuts

hey, i don't know if you've figured it out or not, but i'd been having
the same problem, and turning off "hardware acceleration" in the game

Old July 21st 08, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
CaliannG

tnuts;763697 Wrote:
hey, i don't know if you've figured it out or not, but i'd been having
the same problem, and turning off "hardware acceleration" in the game
options worked for me. hopefully it helps!

You are a knight and a gentleman, and I am indebted to you! Thank you!
That did the trick and now it works! I get to play with maidens and
everything!

Whooo-hooo! Time to spend 2 weeks not speaking to my family!

Peace,
Caliann

--
CaliannG