Vista Banter

-   -   MAXTOR 6Y200P0 Hard Drive (http://www.vistabanter.com/7234-maxtor-6y200p0-hard-drive.html)

roy October 11th 06 08:03 AM

MAXTOR 6Y200P0 Hard Drive

I can't get Vista to recognise the HD has 200gbs on board, it's showing 127.
I had this prob with XP, but the Maxtor Big Disk Enabler patch sorted that
out. But it won't on Vista any ideas?

yoniy October 11th 06 08:18 AM

MAXTOR 6Y200P0 Hard Drive

NTFS?
tried messing around in Computer Management-Disk Management?
maybe partition magic can help you.

Tom Scales October 11th 06 09:51 AM

MAXTOR 6Y200P0 Hard Drive

Sounds like you have a BIOS limitation that doesn't support 48-bit LBA. Or
turned off in the BIOS.

Intel's IAA would solve the problem, but don't know if it is supported in
Vista.

Tom