Mobile Device Center Problems

Old October 11th 06, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dan swartz

Default Mobile Device Center Problems

I recently updated my RC1 to RC2 and downloaded the Mobile Device Center
(Beta 3) package from he
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

My problem is when I run the installer nothing happens. I double click it
and it looks like it will run but nothing ever happens.

I am logged in as a user with Admin rights, I re-downloaded the installer,
and I tried it on 2 separate machines with the same results. Anyone have any
ideas?

Dan Swartz
PS
One system is a Dell Optiplex, 1.5 gig ram, 200 gig HD Only Vista RC2 and
Office 2k7, the other is a homebuilt P4 3 Gig HT, 2 gig RAM 300 Gig HD and
only Vista RC2 Office 2k7

My Device is Treo 700 WM5

Supposedly Office 2K7 reports as Office 2k3 if this ever runs the install.

Old October 12th 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SergiDen

I am having same problems here! I went from RC1 to RC2 and updated to WMDC
Beta 3 and now my computer does not see Motorola Q!!! I even re-installed
RC2 to no avail! I just want my Outlook Calendar on my Moto Q. I have
reported problem 2 x now.

Old October 13th 06, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MICHAEL

A few folks have posted that WOC 1.5 beta has
caused problems with WMDC.

Uninstalling WOC 1.5 seems to have fixed it for
some.

-Michael

Old October 14th 06, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ML

Sorry but what is WOC? WMDC B3 was the first thing that I tried to install
after installing Vista x64 RC2.....

Old October 14th 06, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MICHAEL

Windows OneCare is Microsoft's anti-virus, anti-spyware,
firewall, and PC backup rolled into one.

-Michael