Vista Banter

-   -   Here's how to make disapperared DVD/CD-drives re-appear (http://www.vistabanter.com/7244-heres-how-make-disapperared-dvd-cd-drives-re-appear.html)

Alexander October 11th 06 03:57 PM

Here's how to make disapperared DVD/CD-drives re-appear

Check this KB-article. It's about disappearing CD-ROM or DVD-drives in
Windows XP.

But the first solution mentioned also worked when my Lite/On DVD/rewriter
disappeared after the first restart of Vista. A common problem that many
mention.

The article is at support.microsoft.com/kb/314060.

Success!

Michael Styles October 11th 06 06:43 PM

Here's how to make disapperared DVD/CD-drives re-appear

That's because he didn't give you a ready to click hyperlink. Go to
support.microsoft.com and look up Knowledge Base article 314060. Or better
yet, get someone else to do it for you.

Alejo October 12th 06 03:27 AM

Here's how to make disapperared DVD/CD-drives re-appear

really stylei, maybe you could come over and do it for me. im not sure how to
push all of these buttons. so how does that work again lets see uhm testes,
testes, testes... one... two... three?

Alejo October 12th 06 03:37 AM

"Alexander" wrote:

Check this KB-article. It's about disappearing CD-ROM or DVD-drives in
Windows XP.

But the first solution mentioned also worked when my Lite/On DVD/rewriter
disappeared after the first restart of Vista. A common problem that many
mention.

The article is at support.microsoft.com/kb/314060.

Success!

here is a better link, and BTW it still did not work for Vista build 5728 x86

thank you for the point to the right direction, i should have tried a little
bit harder the first time.
and as for butthole Stylie, if you cant give pleasent advice or redirection
just keep your pretty little mouth shut!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/en-us