Old September 29th 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
barriesmom

Default DVD/CD Drive not even showing up!

I have the same problem with my toshiba satellite, gives a code 10
error code - device can't start - when I click the properties in device
manager. Have tried uninstalling and rebooting, but it changes nothing,
tried updating drivers - tells me I have the most up-to-date driver,
tried disabling and re-abling - still nothing.
Have Vista home premium, the problem occurred a few weeks ago, up to
that point it was working beautifully.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use my dvd drive all the
time.

--
barriesmom