Old September 29th 08, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bandahanson

Default vista memory upgrade

I have never had a problem like this before. I purchased an hp laptop for my wife with vista installed. After several months she told me how slow it was so I decided to upgrade to two gig. I purchased crucial memory and installed. Since then it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The machine will suddenly stop booting, then it will magically boot again then it will stop. It is not the hard drive because when this happens if I pop my XP boot disk it still will not boot. I discussed this with crucial and they sent me a new upgrade kit. It worked for a couple of days and now I am right back where I started. Is there something that needs to be done to vista or am I totally in the wrong forum. Forgive me if that is the case.