Old October 1st 08, 04:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery[_3_]

Default Windows FAX & Scan and Canon MP780

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:30:03 -0500, "PvdG42"
wrote:

"Paul Montgomery" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:41:38 -0500, "PvdG42"
wrote:

Any insights or advice gratefully welcomed, except suggestions that I
switch
to Linux, downgrade to XP or buy a new multi-function device.

Download the damned Vista drivers/software from the Canon site. It's
there.

Been there, done that. As I said, the print, scan, copy functions all work
fine, except there is no new FAX software version provided. Since the FAX is
recognized by Vista, I was hoping the FAX & Scan applet could be made to
work. Guess I'll have to investigate commercial solutions.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...tibility-mode/