Old October 1st 08, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bjr

Default Windows FAX & Scan and Canon MP780

If it's a standalone fax (in the unit itself) like my Canon MP530, there
IS no FAX software for any version of Windows. You use the buttons on
the MP machine like a fax machine to send a fax. To my knowledge,
Windows has never supported interfacing with standalone faxes. I have
set up 3in1 printers that use an already existing fax/modem to send
faxes, but all the 4in1s that I have set up (including HP, Brother,
Epson )DO NOT come with fax software.

PvdG42 wrote:

"DL" address@invalid wrote in message
Does Cannon support not have Vista compatible updated software/drivers?

Yes, and I've downloaded and used all the Vista drivers and software
available. Unfortunately, Canon does not have a Vista-compatible version
of the FAX software available for download. That's why I was grasping at
straws trying to get the FAX & Scan applet to work.