Old October 1st 08, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
liakos9171

Default 0x8000ffff -- When i Try installing Windows Live messenger..?

jonathan, when i try to do what you suggest everything is ok until a
message shows up which just says " your computer has a newer version of
windows live messenger than the one you are trying to istall. to install
an older version, first remove the current version (click start,
settings, control panel, add or remove, windows live messenger), and
then run this set up again"
the real problem is that i don't have any kind of messenger in my pc!
what's going on? i have downloaded beta the newest one but i removed
it... when i try to install it again from msn.com i get the 0x8000ffff
message and then the thing i just discribed you! christ, that means that
i won't be able to have messenger or the entire windows live suite in my
pc ever again?? that's terrible! pleaaaaaaaaase help me if you can

--
liakos9171