Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner

Old September 29th 09, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
wendynonickers[_3_]

Default Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner

your's is an interesting post, I too have a usb wireless internet
conection, and one way to ensure for sure I lose my burner is indeed to
plug it in and go online, I assumed it was making the internet
connection that did it, but maybe you are on to something, I find my
burner dissappears doing the above or using non windows media apps prior
to using win DVD burner so there's obviously a conflict somewhere! the
only way to get it back is not just restarting but waiting a day and
then it often it shuts down to prevent data execution, I now use DVD
video soft to burn DVD's instead, no fancy menus but it works with ALL
codecs including 3gp off my phone and flv youtube downloads!

--
wendynonickers
wendynonickers's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/62726.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old September 29th 09, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
wendynonickers[_4_]

chris 01;4625304 Wrote:
hey i dont know if this will work for you but i had the same problem
with a mates computer tried to roll back updates not an option so i
went back and tried again and hey presto its there my dvd burner
so i looked at what i had done previuos to this
and all i did was remove his pre paid broadband key (usb stick) and
came up with the conclusion that there was a conflict dont know how to
fix that part but hey all i have to do to make windows dvd maker pick up
the dvd burner is remove the usb stick this might not sound as
technical as all the others on this forum but it works for me

you are a legend mate! I have had my vista laptop for 13 months and
even rebooted vista to solve this, thanks heaps I removed my dongle and
drive e returned to my dvd burner in seconds! never knock a noob! as one
myself I post stuff on forums and too have helped people too the knowit
alls can't know everything, fresh eyes often find the answer! I am going
to shout this from the cyberspace mountaintops in every forum I post to.
thanks!

Old September 29th 09, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

.... and thank you both... I added the info to my website's Vista DVD Maker
page. I had the problem there with one poster resolving it when caused by a
conflict between an unused SATA controller and an IDE controller. You
provide a second reason.
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

Old February 24th 10, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
fletcp

chris 01 you are a legend -
I picked the easiest option first and removed my broadband pre-paid USB
key and hey presto the burner was back.

--
fletcp
fletcp's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188430.htm