Old October 2nd 08, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Confucious

Default 0x8000ffff -- When i Try installing Windows Live messenger..?

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

The quickest way to install Messenger would be to just download and install Messenger
directly from its MSI:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/wlm85.asp

Having just failed miserably to get beta 2009 to run on a Vista machine, I
couldn't revert back to an older version - I kept getting error 0x8000ffff

Following your link and installing the MSI has worked - at least I can now
access messenger even if it's not the latest Beta!

Many thanks